Expansion of AquaFlex Line
August 2, 2010
Victaulic, a leading global producer of mechanical pipe joining and fire protection systems, introduces the expansion of the AquaFlex sprinkler fitting line to include solutions for hat furring channel systems installed above a dry wall ceiling. This new FM Approved variation on the patented 1-Bee2 installation-ready bracket offers the same ease of installation as the original 1-Bee2 system used on standard suspended ceilings.
The AquaFlex Stainless Steel Sprinkler Fittings can be used with the following applications:
- Commercial Suspended Ceilings – Series AQB Braided Systems (FM Approved) and Series AQU Unbraided Systems (cULus 2443 Listed) for suspended or hard ceilings and are available in 31-72 inches in length. There is one common, installation-ready, patent-pending bracket design for pendent, semi-recessed and concealed sprinkler installations.
- Institutional Applications – Series AQI Braided Systems (FM Approved) for pendent or sidewall installation in block walls ranging from 3-12 inches in thickness and 31-72 inches in length. Includes one-piece, patent-pending, open gate installation-ready bracket and reducer nipples available in 5.5, 9.0 and 13.0 inches in length.
- Clean Rooms – Series AQC Braided Systems (FM Approved with twelve of the leading industry clean room ceiling manufacturers) for installations requiring the elimination of potential leaks and the preservation of room integrity. Available in 24-72 inches in length.
- Industrial Duct Systems – Series AQD Braided Systems (FM Approved for ducts made of fiberglass-reinforced plastic) for installations within round or square duct work to provide fire protection where combustible gasses may be present. Available in 24-72 inches in length.
- The line also includes pre-assembled systems with a variety of commonly used sprinklers installed and leak-tested at the factory for Series AQB Braided and Series AQU Unbraided Systems. A variety of optional accessories to speed up installation are also available including the Victaulic FireLock Style 922 Outlet T – fast, mechanical hole-cut branch-line installation, AquaFlex reducers for Series AQI institutional applications and the AquaFlex 90° Elbows for Series AQU and Series AQB installations in tight spaces.
The new system includes the unique, patented installation-ready 1-Bee2 open-gate bracket design, which allows for fast, accurate sprinkler installation in seconds with no tools required.
Sprinkler installation options include pendent, recessed pendent and concealed. Currently, this product is only available in North America.